Sunday, March 21, 2010

Songwriter & vocalist Laura Story



"When I first wrote “Indescribable,” it never occurred to me that this song could be used in a corporate worship setting. Let’s face it, there aren’t a whole lot of praise choruses that use a string of five-syllable words. I was driving through the mountains of North Carolina, admiring the blue haze of each mountain and the unique form of each tree and leaf. Psalm 19 tells us that the heavens declare the glory of God, and on that day, God was truly nourishing my soul with the beauty of His creation. My first inclination was to sing, but initially, no words came to mind. And that’s when I started to consider how indescribable God is. What words could mere humans give to express His grandeur? Any praises we lift to Him are our feeble attempts at capturing a small glimpse of the magnitude of who God is. Even now, five years later, I never tire of singing that song at all my concerts. I am always reminded of how small I am in comparison to His greatness and how fortunate I am that a God who holds all of time in His hands still seeks to know me intimately. And that is a truth worth singing about!"
Laura Story’s song “Indescribable” was originally recorded by Chris Tomlin.

"Though we have done nothing to merit His favor, God, full of mercy and grace, sent His only son, Jesus, to pay the debt we could never pay. He is truly mighty to save. "

— Laura Story

No comments: